Like to hear it? Here it go

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones right?? So, why is it that we all (notice how I used the inclusive pronoun to include my damn self) seem to find it so easy to launch bricks?? I ask this question as it is centered around a series of events and conversations that I have had over the past few months. A number of them have included me, or someone that I consider myself close to, speaking about a situation that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with us.

For instance, we had a conversation in which I spoke ademately about Angelina and Brad and the whole he left his wife for bigger lips and ovaries type thing. However, this was coming from a woman who has done her fair share of leaving by comparison. INCOMING!! Watch my glass house fall, while all up in HOLLYWOOD business. I can't even afford to judge them! My savings account won't get me an appetizer at their low budget eatery, but I'm trying to clown.

Or how about, I have a friend who is getting married and her fiance is having a groomsWoman. I must admit that it is rather odd, but hey her wedding, her wedding party. This must have sparked a number of "What the hell??" responses from those that heard the news. How he gone have a woman in his wedding? So, she gone stand on his side? I would not be going for that! Blah blah blah. KABLAM!! And the houses go a tumblin'. Weddings, just like style, have personal touches. Personal means that the "touch" is unique to that person. It does not mean that "touch" has to be accepted by everyone around them. That being said, if you don't want people talking about you getting married in white when you know damn well, or how ugly your wife to be is (after her makeover), or how ya'll was together for 15 years before he said "we ain't gettin no younger so we might as well," or the fact that you had 4 men walk you down the aisle because yo mama never got a paternity test, or how you got married in a church, but they ain't seen you since last Easter, or how you served chicken, greens, and kool-Aid at your reception, or how you and your husband honeymooned at the Motel 6, then please don't speak negatively about someone else's "personal touch."

For more examples, read on. There is the teacher debate between myself and another instructor. He didn't agree that I wasn't giving my students a comprehensive final. I don't agree with him wearing a tupee, but he hasn't asked, so I haven't expressed it, people that live in glass houses. My cousin called her daughter a hoe because she is pregnant out of wedlock with her second child, but she had 4 children with no husband by the time she was 21 and she still ain't got a man, people that live in glass houses. The usher at a baptist church told me that cell phone's were not allowed, I looked at her and thought neither are lesbians, but hey people that live in glass houses. The bank teller told my granny to have her deposit slip ready the next time she came to the window, my granny whispered to me why should I be ready when it still takes this heiffer 20 minutes to run me my money?? people that live in glass houses. 50 cent was clowning Ja Rule for his girly rhymes, but then he released Candy Shop and Best Friend( what the hell is that??), people that live in glass houses.

This was just a short reminder that all of us have our things that make eyebrows raise or would have people call us out of our names. So, before we do the unthinkable and speak negatively about someone else, let's make sure our houses are built out of something other than glass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home