Confident aren't we? That is the question that must be asked of violators. You might wonder, What is their violation exactly? The violation here is being overly confident, and therefore, setting yourself up for failure and/or rejection. Follow the scenarios carefully, and you will no doubt understand what I am talking about.
Scenario #1: After acquiring a state issued birth certificate, I was walking out of the Department of Health and Records today. Now mind you, I am not FINE, but I am however CUTE. On a good day, I can make a few Christian men take the Lord's name in vain. But, I understand that I am no Halle Berry, Megan Good, or Maya Campbell. Granted, I was dressed down to the ground in sweats, a graphic tee, flip flops, glasses, and my hair was hidden under my night scarf. However, any man could still see the potential. Well, I guess the kind man that held the door did just that. After allowing me to exit 2 sets of doors at his holding, he approached me and asked, "You wanna take down my number, so I can be your buddy?" Notice that I described him as kind, not cute, not sexy, not even alright. This 30 something was in so many ways UNATTRACTIVE! He was not cute to this 20 something at all, and to couple with his not so hot looks, he hit me with the worst game line EVER. Did that stop him from approaching me?? NO! Hey Mr. Doorholder Man, confident aren't we??
Scenario #2: I'm shopping in a store that carries petites, misses, and women's. While perusing my section, I see that many of the items in the Women's section are the same as the one's in the misses section. In most cases, this is perfectly acceptable, but there are exceptions. The exception came out of the dressing room at the same time as me wearing a low cut halter top and a denim mini skirt. The exception was EXCEPTIONALLY large, wearing at least a 26, which translates into about a 3X. You can imagine what the back of that halter looked like and let's just omit what that miniskirt revealed! Excuse Ms. Women's Shopper, confident aren't we?
Scenario #3: Wal-Mart is the one stop shop for soccer mom's, welfare recipients, and anyone in between. As a result, they often have long lines and customers with overflowing baskets. This particular day, standing in front of me was a woman with a Lexus key ring with matching key, Coach purse, Chanel glasses, and a really nice, sophisticated ensemble. Her cart had all NAME BRAND items, no Sam's choice, equate, or great value anywhere in the whole cart! BALLER! It was time to pay, and her tender of choice was the soon to be extinct CHECK. After completing all of the lines and balancing her book, the cashier ran the check. Uh-oh, REJECTED! "There must be some mistake, run it again!" REJECTED AGAIN! "Here try this," the woman said while handing the cashier a MasterCard. Swipe...1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3...DECLINED! "There must be some mistake, run it again!" Swipe...1 mississippi...DECLINED DAMMIT, shouted the cash register. Oh yes, she's the great pretender! Mrs. I ain't got no money for real, confident aren't we?
As we can see ladies and gents, sometimes people can be too confident. There is nothing wrong with high self-concept or high self-esteem. However, there is plenty wrong with trying to play in a different league. If you are a minor league looker, keep your groupies in the minor leagues. You can't get a major league groupie with a minor leagues salary! Mr. Doorholder Man, you can't get a 20 something cutie pie and you a 30 something HELL NAW! Ms. Women's Shopper you can't be sexy in an ensemble intended for Misses shoppers! Mrs. I ain't got no money for real you can't buy name brand groceries if you drive a name brand car and wear the latest name brand clothes! This is just a reminder to the world, play your position. Whatever the level, whatever the position, play it with all intensity. But, whatever you do, don't lemme have to hit you with the question: Confident, aren't we???

1 Comments:
Oh but oh let me get one in please!!
So tonight your goin out wit tha girls cuz you been on the grind all week. Your boss been an ass all week. And yo nigga been acting up all week. Lets kick it!! You get fresh to def(as always) and you and your girls is getting real bossy on the dance floor. All of a sudden you see ex #13 off to the side peeping you on the dance floor. Now unlike most ex's #13 is the one that dropped you like a set of good china which broke your heart in a million pieces. However, because you are a pimp you play him hard in your fuck'em dress! But you have been twerkin it like how you use to do when yall was together so he can't help but have focustry! -Fast foward to the end of the night- Your headed home and all of a sudden your cell phone is going off. Its #13! You remember that 556 # from anywhere. Reject call! Uh oh tho...is your phone going off again?? Oncest again its #13. Who do this nigga think he is?? Reject call! It kinda has you messed up but yous a pimp remember? One mo gain...ring ring ring bitch, you see me calling you! The blowupuation can only mean one thing, he think he still got it like that to were you are gonna give him the cookies just cuz he saw you out looking fine as all hell. Hummm....confident aren't we?? EX NIGGA.....lose my number!!
Post a Comment
<< Home